One more challenge down on my play day today! My tag for Wendy Vecchi's Make Art Challenge was completed in about an hour which is so unusual for me! Typically I try all sorts of stamps, colors and ideas before deciding on the final version, but with this tag everything just came together and worked for me right off the bat.
This months challenge is to use Archival reinkers, which I used to create the background. A couple drops of color, mixed with Isopropyl Alcohol then I swiped a manilla tag through the mixture until I was happy with the colors and coverage.
Next, using Archival Ink pads I stamped the images, masking off the ruffle border before stamping the tree. I edged the tag with Distress Ink, because I just can't leave an edge uninked - I just can't! Next, I dug out some hand painted paper from my scrap stash and punched the tiniest, cutest flowers and an eyelet style border for the bottom of the tag. I finished the flowers with a yellow Liquid Pearls and added some bling to the border at the bottom.
Here is a close-up of the tree. Love those teeny flowers!
And a pic of my tag book so far: