I a couple days both of my bosses will be leaving the branch where I work. I'm very sad for me but thrilled for them. Desiree got a promotion and her very own branch (for those of you that don't know I work for a bank). Melody is leaving the bank and following a new and exciting path as a realtor. Good things happening to good people. All the best. You will both be missed.
Change is very hard, especially when it seems to happen all at once.
I created two special cards for them in addition to a pan of Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies for the potluck lunch. The brownies were a special request. How could I say no?
For Melody's card I started by making a wavy background using Gelatos, blending them with a baby oil soaked cotton pad. Next I embossed the wavy texture, then finished it with a brushing of Distress Inks and a spritz of Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist. I stamped the seahorse and shell twice each on Specialty Stamping Paper and colored with Distress Markers and my trusty waterbrush. Then I fussy cut one of each of the images (I only cut a portion of the shell) then adhered them as shown with foam tape. I made the quote tag so that it could swing. I didn't want it to block the Blueprint Seahorse image. I finished it with a jewel brad and custom colored ribbon, attaching it to all to a Kraft card.
The inspiration for Desiree's card started when I found these fabulous paper flowers by Prima in gorgeous shades of blue, green & purple. Yum! For her card I started by embossing watercolor paper and then colored it with Distress Inks, water and Biscotti PP Mist tearing and curling the edges as I went along.
I used one of Tim Holtz's Frameworks Dies to cut the Lattice band. I dabbed Picket Fence Distress Paint on it, heating it so the paint bubbled for an uneven texture. I then added a bit of Distress Ink, then clear embossing ink & powder, which I melted with a heat tool for a shiny appearance.
I die cut the Mini Trophy from Grungeboard and cut off the handles so it looked more like a flower vase. I over melted Platinum UTEE on the die so it got really bubbly and created this wonderful texture. Once it cooled and hardened I rubbed it with blue and green Archival Inks to bring up the texture even further. I adhered all the prepared pieces as shown finishing with a custom colored ribbon, rub-on words and a small shrink plastic tag and jewel brad.