First I want to wish Britany Berry a VERY Happy Birthday! I actually made her card a couple weeks ago. Remember the stuff I made that I couldn't share yet? This card is one of those.
All the stamps are from Tim Holtz & Stampers Anonymous. Embossing folder is from Cuttlebug. All inks and paints are Distress - also from Tim (as well as Grungeboard flourish & rectangles). Perfect Pearls Mist, Glossy Accents and Archival Ink; Black are all Ranger products.
I basically stamped onto the embossing folder with archival ink then ran it through the Vagabond with plain white cardstock. I applied Distress Inks and then misted it with Biscotti PPM. I painted and sanded and inked the flourish pieces, snipping them here and there to make it my own. I stamped images and quote onto plain cardstock, inked them then cut them to fit Grungeboard rectangle blanks. I glued them in place and coated them with Glossy Accents for a bit of shine. I wanted them to look like enameled metal blanks. Don't know that I succeeded but I still like how they came out. Everything is mounted onto a silver card.
I also finished an altered tart tin for a local swap with a few local artsy friends. I had found a bunch of old, rusty & patina'd medium sized tart tins at a yard sale a couple years back practically for free and I thought - Hmmmm, I can DO something with those! Well they kinda got lost in the old studio. If you saw pics of the old studio you would TOTALLY understand why! LOL! I rediscovered them when moving my studio into its new space. I asked a few friends if they would be interested in an altered Tart Tin exchange and everyone said yes! No theme - no limits - just make what you love.
After much thought I decided to make mine into a hanging piece. I just had to figure out how to make it hang flat so that it didn't flop forward. I decided to try using the Pocket Watch Bigz die from Tim Holtz/Sizzix. I cut out two from Grungeboard (for strength) and glued them together. Then I painted it with Black and Burnished Brass Distress Paints. Sanded it a bit, inked it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink then covered it with Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint. I let it dry naturally overnight so I'd get lots of great crackles. I applied Black Soot Distress Stain and a spritz of water to the dried crackle so it would seep into all the cracks and make the effect pop. It came out pretty cool. It's a shame I covered most of it up! If you click on the image below you can see it better.
Now that the pocket watch was done I could attach the Tart Tin to it. I poked a hole through the metal with a heavy duty awl, making it just the right size to fit an eyelet. I punched a hole through the center of the pocket watch with my trusty Japanese Screw Punch fitted with a 3mm tip. Then I attached the tin to the die cut with some tacky glue and an eyelet.
Next I punched out a piece of vintage French text with an over-sized circle punch. I stamped it with a stamp from one of Tim's new stamp sets; Nature Walk (OMG! LOVE this set!) and archival black ink. Before gluing it into the tin I finished it with a little Vintage Photo ink around the edges.
The image of the three sisters is from my Gothic Novel II collage sheet (limited quantities available on my Etsy Shop). I simply Xyroned it to a piece of thin cardboard then cut it out. I fashioned a few tabs with the cardboard so the girls would be firmly secured to the background but raised off of it by about a 1/4". I added a little bit of Sphagnum Moss for filler and texture on the bottom.
Next I went to town with the Impression Obsession die that makes the tiniest flowers! After I cut them out I inked them, shaped them, glued them together and finished them all with a crystal center. The leaves are a part of the same die which makes at least three different kinds of flowers - the possibilities are endless!
I finished my tin with some flower trim (also on my Etsy Shop) that I colored with Worn Lipstick & Vintage Photo Distress Inks and water. The ribbon for the bow got the same treatment. I wanted something dangley so I dove into my stash and found these acrylic chandelier 'crystals' from Maya Road. I adhered a bit of paper from the Graphic 45 Secret Garden line with Glossy Accents onto the back of the crystal. Once dry I gently sanded away the excess paper with a mini file from the Basic Grey Tool Set being very careful to not sand the crystal and attached to the pocket watch with jump-rings. Oh, and I added a few golden crystals into the flutes of the tin for a little more bling. Can't have too much bling as far as I can tell!
All in all I am pleased with how it came out. I wasn't really sure throughout the whole process if it would work - but it did. Plus it reminds me of Spring! Which I can't wait for! Especially since there is storm #2 arriving tonight and storm #3 on Sunday - which they are saying could be a classic nor'easter. Oh joy!
Well, this turned into a very long post! If you made it all the way to the end thank you so much for reading my blog.
Keep safe. Stay warm!